The University is committed to ensuring that high ethical standards are embedded in everything it does, and has a series of ethical principles that inform the behaviour and actions of all members of the University community.
一本道最新高清无码Those principles are as follows:
As active members of an international academic community, we are fundamentally committed to:
- the creation, transmission and dissemination of knowledge for the social and economic enrichment of society
- the Nolan principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
- accepting our social, economic and environmental responsibilities and contributing to the wider goal of sustainable development
- the protection of equity, human rights and civil liberties around the world, an
- supporting the academic freedom to further knowledge and debate, within UK law.
一本道最新高清无码As the representatives of a modern, progressive institution, we are also committed to:
- excellence in all our activities
- good governance and collegiate, transparent leadership
- safe working practices
- fair, rigorous and transparent processes and practice
- encouraging social mobility and widening participation, and
- regarding legal compliance as a minimum expectation but it may not be a sufficient response to an ethical challenge,
一本道最新高清无码but we will not tolerate
- initiation of or collusion in harmful acts,
- giving, offering, receiving or requesting improper inducements to influence decisions affecting the interests of the University, or
- retaliation or retribution against any person who in good faith challenges our ethical position.
Furthermore, as members of the Loughborough University community, we are committed to
- Fostering a collegial community characterised by inclusivity, equality of opportunity, the valuing of diversity, mutual trust, respect for personal dignity and the promotion of unity across nations,
- respect for our diverse local community
- listening to all members of the university community, past and present
- the promotion of health and well-being
- valuing participation, dedication and honest endeavour, and
- celebrating ever greater achievement and success fairly gained
- demonstrating courage and consistency and transparency when facing challenging ethical dilemmas
- choosing partners who share our ethical commitments, and
- ensuring that all members of the university community embrace and promote these ethical principles.